Sunday, October 30, 2005

Chris Durski pulls a Dwyer...

Well, Sykes, Wagner and Belling should have a field day on Monday. Remember the two week rant they each had on the Jim Dwyer commercial? (See post below). That scoundrel County Board Chairman had the audacity to perhaps lead voters to a false conclusion by quoting Dan Finley.

Well, the talking heads will love to hear this. Today, while driving down the road, I saw my first Pewaukee mayoral campaign sign. It was a Chris Durski sign and what I read almost forced me off the road...

Every candidate searches for that perfect campaign slogan. You know, there's a thousand of them out there... but which one is right for your campaign?

"For A New Direction"

"Trusted Leadership"

"It's Time for a Change"

I could go on and on but you get the idea. So what has Chris Durski selected for a campaign slogan?

"Your choice for Better Government"

Not bad, hey? Leads the voters to assume that the previous, or in the case, current mayor is doing a bad job and she is the one to turn the city around. I'm impressed. But wait, is there more here than meets the eye?

What was the name of that group trying to recall Mayor Nowak? Hmm. I believe it was PBG, or Pewaukeans for BETTER GOVERNMENT.

This must simply be one of those strange coincidences. After all, how many choices could Chris Durski be?

Your choice for clean Governemt?

Your choice for a New Direction?

The list could go on and on but you get the point. For some reason, that Better Government phrase seems to work the best, doesn't it? Especially since the PBG, last I checked, weren't going to endorse in this race. Nothing like a bit of an unofficial endorsement, hey?

To be completely honest, I have no idea whether Chris Durski would make a good mayor or not. I actually applaud anyone who sticks their neck out and runs. If she's the best candidate for Pewaukee, I hope she wins. Reading the paper leads me to question the current administration... but a read through of
http://carrickbend.blogspot.com/ makes me give serious thought to the validity of many of the allegations made.

I actually think this was a sound choice by Ms. Durski. But, to be honest, it's not much different than Jim Dwyer's commercial. Will she be blasted for two weeks on the local air waves? Not as long as the CRG network is involved in Pewaukee. Sykes and company may not lose sleep over blasting their own as R.I.N.O.S, but to take on the new political thugs of Wisconsin? I don't think so...

1 Comments:

Blogger David B said...

Thanks for the link, Two little things to meantion are that Durski was a board member of PBG and she did run for mayor, and lost.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com