Sunday, October 30, 2005

I hope others are enjoying this Packer season as much as I am...

What?

I'm serious. I haven't enjoyed a season this much for years. I know, they're 1-6. Doesn't matter this year. This year is thirty years in the making.

I'm of the age of growing up with Jerry Tagge, Jim Del Gaizo and Rich Campbell. My entire childhood all I heard of was Lombardi, Starr and Horning. I was in that horrible age group that never saw the glory years but never stopped hearing about them. At some point, I believe I started to resent them.

Which brings me to this year. Folks, this is it for Brett Favre. He is NOT coming back for another year. We have 9 more games ( God willing) to watch him. And watch him I will.

I'll live with the 5 interceptions... hell, he's had days like that ever since Holmgren left here. (Another post for another day.) For the first time in his career here in Green Bay, the games no longer matter. And for the first time in his illustrious career, I can simply watch and marvel at our great quarterback. In other years, I been lost in the playoff race. I''ve been busy yelling at the punter or listing reason why they should fire the coach.

But for the rest of this year, it's all about saying good bye to Brett. Our kids will grow up, growing tired of hearing the legends of #4. It maybe another twenty years before we get back to the Super Bowl. I don't know and this year I don't care.

I'm going to make sure I enjoy this gunslinger's last stand...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

I'm just hoping the Vikes can beat you guys out for the Reggie Bush lottery (and by the looks of today's game, we can).

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com