Thursday, December 01, 2005

The last to comment on Syke's show... and blogging in general.

Xoff would not approve (as if he would ever see this) but I must make a few comments about the "big blogging show" from Sunday morning. As you can probably guess from reading below, very few things our local radio heads say make any sense to me but, on Sunday, I thought Charley's show was excellent. Church didn't allow me to see the last segment but the first twenty minutes were very well done. A better analysis than I could ever do can be found on various conservative blogs such as Badger Blog Alliance.

What I didn't hear covered by the panelists is the amount of time and energy that politicians are now giving bloggers. While
Some will question the overall importance of blogs, one only has to look at the race to fill Dan Vrakas' seat in the 33rd to see an unprecedented attempt to get on the good side of bloggers. Candidates are tripping over themselves to make sure they are being portrayed as they would like. Will this continue to grow in the future? I would certainly think that in primaries, blogs will have a big impact.

As I read my favorite daily stops on the blogosphere, I can't help but notice how many bloggers are having their biggest month yet as far as hits to the site. Many of these blogs have been up for well over a year. I'm assuming their writings have been solid all along, so even though Sykes and the others have been touting blogs as the alternative media source for quite a while now, we may be witnessing a tipping point of sorts this fall and winter.

On a personal note, I had to chuckle at bloggers pointing to a milestone of 1,000 views a month... or 100 visitors a day. I'd take 10 a day right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com