Wednesday, August 16, 2006

VOTE FOR BOB JOHNSON TOMORROW!

I came home tonight to find a message on my phone from Rep. Bob Johnson. He urged me to vote for him in tomorrow's primary for the State Senate. He understood that I may have some bad things about him from his opponent but wanted to assure me that when he became my State Senator he would bring fiscal responsibility to the Senate.

That last promise perked up my ears a bit. I would love to see fiscal responsibility return to our legislature. However, I didn't hold out too much hope in that happening since Bob Johnson isn't running for State Senate in my area and the primary isn't tomorrow. So I did some searching.

It turns out that Bob Johnson is a State Representative from Missouri. Johnson, a moderate Republican, is taking on ultra-conservative Matt Bartle for the 8th State Senate seat. Bartle, it seems, decided to go on the offensive in the race, claiming that Johnson, if elected, would support radical gay and lesbian rights agendas. His proof? Several years ago, Johnson accepted a $3.18 drink from a registered lobbyist. That very lobbyist two years later went to work for a gay rights organization.

Yep, that's it. Reminds you a bit of politics in Wisconsin, doesn't it?

So now I have a reason to watch for primary results tomorrow night. But who do I root for? The right-wing wacko who campaigns like a sleazeball or the fiscally responsible candidate who calls people in Wisconsin to vote for him in Missouri.

I'll root for Johnson. Perhaps he was just trying to get a hold of Donovan Riley...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com