Friday, February 02, 2007

Favre's coming back

Brett Favre told the Sun Herald in Biloxi, Miss. today that he is returning to the Packers for the 2007 season.

Last year I thought it was time for the Packers and Brett to part ways. He play had fallen off quite a bit in 2005 and I thought the rebuilding process needed to begin now.

This year, however, I am excited about his return. It is clear to me that his retirement means 5-8 years without returning to the playoffs. With the NFC so weak right now, a dabble in the postseason next year isn't out of the question with #4 at the helm.

My advice? Enjoy the year and enjoy watching one of the greatest ever play out his career. The playoffs would simply be icing on the cake....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com